View Single Post
Old 03-08-21, 03:02 PM
Ogsarg

Bikes: 2019 Specialized Roubaix Comp Di2, 2009 Roubaix, early 90's Giant Iguana

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 641 Post(s)
Liked 1,513 Times in 548 Posts
I just went tubeless running Schwalbe Pro-one Evo's in 700 X 30c. Previously I was running a GP5000 in the rear and the original Specialized Turbo Pro in the front, both 28's.

This was my first time mounting tubeless and it wasn't as difficult as I was expecting. The GP 5000 clincher on the DT-Swiss R470 wheel was the most difficult tire install I've come across. Even with a kool-stop jack, it was incredibly difficult. Given that experience, I was expecting the tubeless tires to be difficult also but they were a breeze to get on the rim in comparison to the conti.

I did have a hard time getting them to seat at first but I think that was mainly my inexperience. Oddly enough the 30c Schwalbe's are actually narrower than the 28's I had before. I assume they are taller. I'm running 60/65 PSI front/rear and find that works well for me as a 155 pound rider. I think I could reduce it some but I ride some really bad roads with lots of potholes.

I like the ride quality and don't feel like these roll any less efficiently than the previous tires. I don't ride very aggressively but feel like they handle well. I only have a little over 200 miles on them so no idea about longevity. Mine were purchased at Chain Reaction in the UK and were about $50/piece if I recall correctly.