Thread: Totally Tubular
View Single Post
Old 07-12-20, 09:20 PM
squirtdad

Bikes: Kirk Custom JK Special, '84 Team Miyata,(dura ace old school) 80?? SR Semi-Pro 600 Arabesque

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2338 Post(s)
Liked 2,827 Times in 1,543 Posts
Originally Posted by Ferrouscious
I'm currently getting my tubular wheels out of the closet to try for the first time. I have tires on order (Challenge Strada Pro's) and glue in my cart. Sorry if this has already been covered in the thread, but it's a bit long to read through the entire thing. What was the so-called "old fashioned" way of gluing tires? I know that modern tubular users use mastic adhesives to attach the tire pretty much permanently, but I don't want to do that. I'm looking for the ol' slap the tires on pro mechanic way in case I get a flat. How many layers and how much time between them? BTW, the glue I have in mind is Tubasti. Continental is also available. Should I go with that instead? Sealant?
old school but as a newbie has been my go to invaluble help....Tubular Tire Mounting Cement Gluing Adhesion by Yellow Jersey; Thoughts on a Front Wheel