Old 02-25-07, 02:28 PM
xeney

Bikes: 2003 Bianchi Veloce, 2005 Specialized Rockhopper, 1982 Nishiki Sport mixte converted to single speed

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I haven't got any photos yet, but I just picked up a NOS mixte frame from eBay. I probably paid too much for it because it's not anything fancy -- a Puch Pathfinder, Series I, made in Japan (actually the badge says "made for Puch") -- but it's my size, and I'm not sure I have ever run into a NOS mixte frame before. And it is beautiful: black with gold script lettering, a little shop wear and some cracking on the decals, but otherwise glossy and clean and unchipped. It didn't have a fork but the seller shipped it with what looks like a NOS Peugeot fork, also black and a good match (and sorry, Peugeot folks, but I had to take the decals off so it wouldn't clash).

I had a little dream of building this up with either a Nexus or a new Sturmey-Archer hub, but I don't think it's possible in any cost-effective way, so it is going to be a single speed for now. But sadly, it is just too pretty to use the crappy old parts we have in the basement, so it's going to be expensive either way. I will post photos when I can get it out into the light.