Old 08-31-21, 09:53 PM
JacobLee 
Total Scrounge

Bikes: 71 International 72 Super Course 83 Gap

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 327 Post(s)
Liked 924 Times in 310 Posts
Gotta resurrect a zombie thread because it seems to be the best source of info for these frames on the entire internet!

I picked up a 61cm Mountain Cycles Stumptown last weekend on Craigslist. It had been built as a really bad hybrid and barely ridden.

The lady who sold it to me said that her dad was/is a patent attorney, and he would be given stuff like this all the time. Well, he lost this case, I guess! MC USA didn’t survive the Specialized lawsuit; I remember the guys at Cyclepath in Portland making stickers that said something about rather riding **** than riding a Specialized, or something to that effect. I think they bought the rest of the frames.

Anyway, beautiful piece of work. Aluminum is not really my thing anymore, but I had to give it a try!

I didn’t realize how large it was when I bought it, but I think it’s going to work. I threw a weird 135mm/700c SS wheelset on it and some bars, seat, and cranks, and I think it’s gonna be a good ride.

Frame weighs 3.14 lbs, and the steel fork, which is from some sort of Felt build kit, weighs 2.94! It’ll work as a test mule to see if the bike is a keeper.
Likes For JacobLee: