Old 02-15-20, 03:26 PM
BengalCat

Bikes: 50/34, 11-40, 11 Speed

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked 73 Times in 52 Posts
Originally Posted by bahula03
I appreciate your jovial attitude towards this, but I've gotta ask- if the end result is a ticket for rolling the stop sign, why not just do that and call it a day? Does the difference between a basic "hey, you ran a stop sign so I'm going to have to give you a ticket" conversation, and arresting someone, threatening them with a felony, having them spend seven hours in jail, and forcing their family to scramble for bail money not register for you?
Pay attention. You are claiming "facts that are not in evidence" and or you have no knowledge are true. (Spending time in jail, needing to get bail money is just wild speculation by you that given what we do know so far is more likely false than true in this case. Also, he was arrested for failing to stop not, as far as we know, for running a stop sign.)

He didn't "threaten" anyone with a felony. He simply pointed out what under the law could be a felony. (See my last post that specifically addresses that.)

The whole episode at this point from what we have seen and heard, and we believe it, happened due to just one big misunderstanding.