View Single Post
Old 08-12-20, 02:28 PM
noisebeam
Arizona Dessert

Bikes: Cannondale SuperSix, Lemond Poprad. Retired: Jamis Sputnik, Centurion LeMans Fixed, Diamond Back ascent ex

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5345 Post(s)
Liked 2,169 Times in 1,288 Posts
I have used this Blackburn Road mirror design for over a decade. It allows a curb to curb view behind of a 6 lane road. The only blind spot is on my right side. It works in drops hoods and bars.

I tried for months to get two variations of a Take-A-Look to work for me, but found no matter how adjusted it can't see over my shoulder when in drops and required far to much head adjustment to scan road behind. It also creates a visual disturbance and left peripheral vision blockage as it is ever present in field of vision.

BUT - I ordered my third one recently and the mirror has been changed from a visually sharp perfectly shaped glass one to a plastic one that has different curvature and wavy surface making it unusable. I wrote to Blackburn to ask if they changed they design or perhaps I was sent a counterfeit one from Amazon (I returned it for full credit) but I have not heard back in 2wks now.