View Single Post
Old 02-26-20, 11:28 AM
Beachgrad05
Just Keep Pedaling

Bikes: 99 Schwinn Mesa GS MTB, 15 Trek Domane 5.9 Dura-Ace, 17 Trek Emonda SL6 Pro & 18 Bianchi Vigorelli

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Liked 67 Times in 34 Posts
Originally Posted by jadocs
Yep I don't ride these types of events anymore.

The other thing I can't stand is some of my friends plastering my FB feed everyday with requests for money. "This is for a good cause, I only need XX dollars to ride"....."only XX dollars to go!"...."help me ride so I can battle XX". Turns me way off.
Scroll past and don't donate. Easy. Fundraising via social media isn't going away. Never know who might be touched by the cause and donate.

I try to keep my posts to a minimum and I have created gear bags to sell that relate to AIDS/Lifecycle thru Pedal Industries and 20% of each bag sold is sent to me at end of each month...I then donate and get matched resulting in 40% raised. Very little of my fundraising this year has been a direct donation.

I lost my brother to AIDS/HIV 14 years ago and thus I ride in his honor. You never know who has been affected by cancer, AIDS, diabetes, or whatever the cause those folks are raising money for. At least I can say that the funds donated NOW get used NOW to by the center in LA. It's not saved up until after ride.