View Single Post
Old 10-06-21, 09:59 AM
restlessswind

Bikes: 2017 Surly Cross-Check. 2020 Specialized Turbo Vado 3.0, 2002 GT Dyno Roadster, 2002 Rans Stratus, 2020 Giant Fathom 2, 2011 Trek Pure Sport

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked 85 Times in 62 Posts
Originally Posted by OldTryGuy
A MRI guided biopsy is not the most complete biopsy that can be performed. Dr. Gary Onik's Saturation Transperineal 3Dimension Prostate MAPPING Biopsy is the Platinum of all biopsies when the prostate is still in the body.

I have had 2 of Dr. Onik's 3D PMB with the first yielding 100+ core samples for review and the second that was mainly for my left half of prostate yielding 64 core samples. At no time did my prostate feel like a pin cushion and the fact is that 2 days following the 2nd biopsy I bicycled 126 miles in 10 hours for our Overnight 2016 Relay For Life event at almost 66 years of age. BTW, you can have a PSA done anytime by going online and ordering through one of the lab providers.

Instead of a biopsy you can also avail yourself of one of the NON INVASIVE blood or urine tests that can provide helpful information as to whether a biopsy might be advised.

https://www.exosomedx.com/patients/e...iAAEgKDuvD_BwE

I am limited to my health insurance provider. But thanks for the info. I will forward to my urologist