scozim 
Ellensburg, WA

Bikes: See my signature

Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 313 Post(s)
Liked 457 Times in 160 Posts
Originally Posted by zandoval
Elevated PSA or Cancer? That's the question. If it's cancer get it out..
Pretty much where I was at. I dealing with the enlarged prostate but biopsy last June after the PSA jumped up 4 pts in a year showed cancer and was given a Gleason score of 3+4. I didn't get to ride much last year and when the PSA went up another 2 pts in November I decided on surgery. The decision turned out to be the correct one as the surgeon found cancer cells had started going out of the prostate but was still contained to the seminal vesicles and another piece of odd tissue coming off the back of the prostate. The surgeon said it was definitely the right decision and the cancer was more aggressive than he expected. The Gleason was revised to 4+3 after surgery. I can't ride until April - which is 3 months after the surgery. I just had my 6 week PSA and it went from 9.48 in November to .022.

My advice is not to mess around with it. Go through the protocols and tests even if you think it's just an enlarged prostate. Everyone is different but my two younger brothers also with prostate cancer are re-evaluating their situation based on what happened with mine.

Likes For scozim: