View Single Post
Old 03-15-20, 03:11 PM
Chr0m0ly 

Bikes: '84 Miyata 610 ‘91 Cannondale ST600,'83 Trek 720 ‘84 Trek 520, 620, ‘91 Miyata 1000LT, '79 Trek 514, '78 Trek 706, '73 Raleigh Int. frame.

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 685 Post(s)
Liked 370 Times in 219 Posts

The second pair arrived last week.

They’re a little different, the Vans knock off instead of the Chucks. The Vans pair fit a little snugger, Probably because they don’t have the rubber toe cap.

A few differences, other than fit and toe bumper... the reflective strip on the heel is larger on the Vans, but the Vans doesn’t have the elastic “lace garage” and the aglets on the Vans are normal plastic, while the Chucks have a pair in steel.

It seems like the Chucks are the heavier duty shoe, with the bumper, steel lace ends, and lace keeper, while the Vans are slightly lighter duty, with fewer bells and whistles.

I have a slight preference for the Vans style, I think the snugger fit will break in better, and the lighter weight will be better in warmer months. But that means I can relegate the Chuck style to cooler weather and the slightly roomier fit will accommodate some wooly socks.

I’ll check in later with any durability issues as they come up, but so far so good.