View Single Post
Old 11-05-20, 11:40 AM
Speedway2

Bikes: United Motocross BMX, Specialized Langster, Giant OCR, Marin Muirwoods, Globe Roll2, VROD:)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 238 Post(s)
Liked 405 Times in 246 Posts
Originally Posted by Koyote
Ditto the rims. With black tires, they'll look good. And if that bike still has the original white tires, they are likely in need of replacement.

As a city bike, for running around, you can live without water bottle mounts. And that is exactly what this bike is designed for. If you want a fixie to ride over longer distances, you probably want a different bike.

It's really a pity that the Globe line didn't last. I still commute on my Globe Daily 1, and it's a terrific, inexpensive bike.
While the tire's are original equipment, the bike's only seen about 500kms. However, the white tires are kinda dirty. Hopefully, a new set of black shoes will look OK with the yellow rims(I'm not a flashy kinda guy)
I have my Langster with dual bottle cages for longer rides so you may be right about not needing a bottle carrier on the Roll 2 for shorter rides.
I'm encouraged reading that you're having a good experience with your Globe.....I may have to close the deal with my buddy this weekend