View Single Post
Old 11-07-20, 11:30 AM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4357 Post(s)
Liked 3,996 Times in 2,667 Posts
Originally Posted by Speedway2
veganbikes....appreciate your comments. I agree, nothing special about the Specialized. I've seen it at my buddy's place collecting dust in the corner of his garage over the years and never really paid attention to it until I recently re-discovered riding my SS Langster.

My geared bikes have been collecting dust so when I saw the Globe (again) and he mentioned he wanted a geared bike the wheels in my head started turning. There's something about the classic lines and simplicity of the Roll2. Love the grey frame with black bits (still thinking about the yellow rims/white tires) and I miss riding a steel frame.

Besides, with a geared Hybrid gone it make room to shop for another one to fill the void.......
The Langster isn't bad I have certainly had one for a while. The SS Roll is worth dusting off and riding assuming it doesn't need anything but a trade for a geared bike may not be worth it.