View Single Post
Old 07-27-21, 06:16 PM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4415 Post(s)
Liked 4,871 Times in 3,015 Posts
Originally Posted by scottfsmith
I do the same thing more or less.. "inflate to just below harshness". It might not be perfect but it is relatively simple and repeatable.

I currently am putting 10psi between front and back (70 vs 60psi for me on 30mm tires, 175lbs bike+rider), even with this I have more tire drop in the back. I don't understand why the recommendations (e.g. from the SRAM calculator) are for less difference but there is probably something I don't know.
Probably less difference between F&R for optimum speed rather than comfort. Some guides do offer alternative settings for speed vs comfort and those often involve dropping the front pressure more than the rear. Personally I keep my front pressure within 5 psi of the rear because I prefer a more solid feel at the front when climbing out of the saddle.

I just put my own stats into the Sram and Silca calculators and they recommend 67/71 & 69/71 respectively. I'm actually currently running 70/74 based on my specific tyre manufacturer's guide (Pirelli in this case). Note that Pirelli suggest reducing the front pressure by 5 psi for more comfort.

Last edited by PeteHski; 07-27-21 at 06:30 PM.