View Single Post
Old 08-26-21, 06:59 AM
DQRider 
Old Boy

Bikes: Mostly 1st-generation, top-of-the-line, non-unicrown MTBs/ATBs: All 1984 models: Dawes Ranger, Peugeot Canyon Express, Ross Mt. Whitney (chrome), Schwinn High Sierra, and a 1983 Trek 850.

Mentioned: 134 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 984 Post(s)
Liked 1,715 Times in 611 Posts
Originally Posted by thorstein
How about the saddle & bag? I'd love to get a Brooks for my '84 Stumpjumper Sport, but looking to save some money.
Also, have you tried the 1.75 Panaracers? I've currently got 2.1" Maxxis DTHs, but I'd like to try something a bit narrower next time.
The saddle is a Cardiff Mercia. A quick search tells me that these are very hard to find now. The more basic Harlech model (think Brooks B17 standard) is available on the `bay for seventy bucks.

The bag is a Carradice Barrel Bag. Perfect size for a basic tool kit and a spare tube. Mounted up front, I've found they are perfect for a burrito. A cheaper alternative would be the Banjo Brothers barrel bag, about twenty-two bucks online.

Which Panaracers are you talking about? I've used T-Servs in the past, and really like them. Designed for messengers, they are light weight but also have great puncture protection.

Roulez pour la joie, jamais pour la douleur.

USMC 1981-1991 Semper Fi!