View Single Post
Old 01-07-23, 01:05 PM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4513 Post(s)
Liked 6,389 Times in 3,674 Posts
Originally Posted by ehcoplex
Apparently when it comes to French bikes, no matter how much you know there's always at least a 50% chance you'll be wrong!
Originally Posted by Murray Missile
I'd be happy with only 50% wrong. I overcame my "Franco Velo Phobia" a couple years ago after a self imposed ban on them of over 20 years due to a brief fling with a Motobecane mixte. I now have 7 of them, 4 Gitanes and 3 Peugeots, and just when I think I've got one all figured out....guess again! I may have a relapse!
This is precisely why everyone should fall in to this head first early on and get a handle on it.

So much to be gained by digging in, taking a drubbing and coming out of it with a better feel of it, one of the most "valuable learning experiences" one can have in this wonderful C+V universe.

Yes, plenty of plug and play solutions but problem solving skills to be learned from it can translate to many other aspects of this that can really save you from yourself when it really matters.
Likes For merziac: