View Single Post
Old 10-04-21, 03:23 PM
keraba2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Regarding GoPro's and related, I'm looking for a dashcam. This means that it begins recording as soon as it's powered on, and loops the video (until something tells it to stop.) They may automatically start a new file, when they detect a crash for example, or may do it when you press a button. They tend to run off USB, so that you don't have to charge them. (It was my distant hope to connect it to a hub generator, so that it would just start recording when I started moving.)

I tried a GoPro Session 4 for a bit, but it was *way* too much trouble charging and wiping the SD after each ride. My car's dashcam, and my motorcycle's, don't require a second thought.

Cycliq appears to loop, but is quite expensive, and seems to require charging once in a while?

An additional concern with the 360 cameras is resolution. Even with 2 actual cameras, it's dividing 180 degrees over 1080 pixels?

Most of these are missing the other requirement: A screen so that it can be used as a rear-view mirror.

I went through some Amazon reviews. It looks like there are 2 tiers: $40-80 are crap and not worth your time. The rest are $160-200. Sounds like I need to give the Sykik another look.
Likes For keraba2: