phrantic09
Fat n slow

Bikes: Cervelo R3, Giant Revolt

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3251 Post(s)
Liked 2,075 Times in 975 Posts
Originally Posted by genejockey
No ride today. I prepped the Bianchi, laid out my clothes, got my gear all ready. But then I had to go shopping with The Older Boy, because Mrs. GeneJockey had taken The Younger Boy to get his test - for which he must now wait 48-72 hours to get the results, because everyone and his dog is getting tested now. HOWEVER, reading through the CDC guidelines, I concluded that since TYBGF only got symptoms on SUNDAY, and he'd last seen her on THURSDAY, he didn't really count as 'exposed'. TYBGF is vaxxed, but not boosted, poor thing. And now the rest of us are doing the whole hypervigilance thing - "Wait, do my muscles usually feel like this? Could this be a hint that I'm about to get 'IT'? Wait, I'm feeling warm. Do I have a fever? Or is it just that Mrs. GJ turned the heat way up. Wait, does that mean SHE has a fever?"

TOB strained his rhomboid pulling our a shopping cart for an old lady, so I ended up having to put all the groceries away myself, and by the time I was done, there was fine rain and the sun was getting low - second day of Winter, and all.

Tomorrow is supposed to be a break before 5 days of on and off rain. Time to throw caution to the wind. Plus it's Friday, and I always ride on Fridays.

Unless I don't.

I know the feeling about wondering. My wife had a tickle in her throat and a cough for a couple of days and what appeared to be a fever. Went and tested since the kids are coming here for Christmas and it was negative.

it sucks when you have to be concerned about every sniffle, sneeze or headache. I’m over it.