View Single Post
Old 02-12-19, 08:13 AM
fishboat

Bikes: Lemond '01 Maillot Jaune, Lemond '02 Victoire, Lemond '03 Poprad, Lemond '03 Wayzata DB conv(Poprad), '79 AcerMex Windsor Carrera Professional(pur new), '88 GT Tequesta(pur new), '01 Bianchi Grizzly, 1993 Trek 970 DB conv, Trek 8900 DB conv

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 759 Post(s)
Liked 810 Times in 471 Posts
Originally Posted by MikeOK
I’ve ridden with a few and it’s a real hoot. Thinking it’s time to pull the trigger. Aussie? Golden? What do you think? It takes a pretty tough dog because they go at least double what we do.
Border Collie or Australian Shepard or a mix of the two. Born to "go" and very smart. I do 8-10 mile hikes with friends that have one of each. Both are nearly as fresh at the end of the hike as at the beginning..and they run..non-stop the entire time. While I have a Golden..a smaller, more compact dog will have more stamina. Both dogs mentioned are fast on their feet..sort of like a cattle-cutting horse..hopefully they could stay out of your way on a bike.

High energy dogs can drive you nuts if you don't give them regular & sufficient exercise day after day after day.... It's a real life-style commitment..you can likely find one as a rescue as people give up on them. Both of the hiking dogs above were rescued. The shepherd mix(black-white) was found abandoned in the north woods..as best as anyone can figure(from sightings), he was left to fend for himself in the winter for nearly a month..he's about 11 months old. He's doing fine now..has a few rough edges than need tuning up, but he hangs close off leash. Good dog.

Likes For fishboat: