Old 11-11-20, 08:23 AM
Tundra_Man 
The Fat Guy In The Back

Bikes: '81 Panasonic Sport, '02 Giant Boulder SE, '08 Felt S32, '10 Diamondback Insight RS, '10 Windsor Clockwork, '15 Kestrel Evoke 3.0, '19 Salsa Mukluk

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked 171 Times in 114 Posts
Consecutive bicycle work commute number 1078:

We got 5" of snow yesterday. For whatever reason, the city opted not to plow the streets. The snow was kind of wet, and by this morning the temp had dropped to 16F which turned all the streets and MUP into an icy rutted mess.

I rode the fat bike, making sure to take corners very gingerly to avoid hitting the ground. I did have the bike slide out from me once, but I was going so slow that I easily caught myself from going down. It took me 50 minutes to go the 4 miles to the client's office.

About a mile from the office I encountered the Parks & Rec truck coming the opposite direction as they attempted to plow the MUP. By this point, however, the ice was pretty well established so their blade didn't do a whole lot. I guess it's the thought that counts.

Saw three huge owls in a tree, so that was pretty cool.

It's Veteran's Day and the client is closed today. The company I work for is open, which means I'm the only person working in this big building. Kind of nice actually, as there shouldn't be any interruptions to getting work done. As I arrived in the underground parking garage where the bike rack is, I noticed a hose coiled up against the wall. I seized the opportunity to rinse off all the road salt and muck from my bike without worry of spraying other people's cars.