Old 11-23-20, 09:19 AM
Tundra_Man 
The Fat Guy In The Back

Bikes: '81 Panasonic Sport, '02 Giant Boulder SE, '08 Felt S32, '10 Diamondback Insight RS, '10 Windsor Clockwork, '15 Kestrel Evoke 3.0, '19 Salsa Mukluk

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 319 Post(s)
Liked 166 Times in 111 Posts
Consecutive bicycle work commute number 1086:

With the Covid levels spiking again, last week they sent us back home and told us to plan working remotely "at least through the end of the year." I'm guessing it will be longer. I'm still getting up early, riding to the office and riding back home every morning before I start my work day, but it's going to be a real challenge to motivate myself to do that all winter. We've had some snowy days already, and some temps in the low teens and it was tough to force myself to ride when I didn't really have to. Once winter gets into full swing I'm going to have to dig deep to keep it up day after day. Usually by March I'm getting pretty tired of winter riding, but keep doing it because I don't have any other way to get to the office. It will be interesting to see if I can persevere when I no longer have that built-in motivation.

23F this morning, but no snow or ice so I took the road bike. I had a dental appointment at 7 AM, so riding there and back home was my commute. It was pretty much the same distance as the client's office. It felt colder than 23F for some reason, maybe because of the wind.

Had a guy roll down his window and scream at me to "get the **** out of the way." Of course, he waited until I had just turned left onto a side street and yelled as he continued on going straight. Coward.

Here's my latest commuting compilation video: