Old 03-06-21, 08:28 PM
badger_biker 

Bikes: 10 vintage touring machines

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked 126 Times in 66 Posts
Deciding between Aventon Pace 500 and Blix Aveny

I'm new to ebikes and am trying to find a lower price model for my wife to join me on rides with my touring bike mostly on trails. She wants a throttle and two good values I've found are the Aventon Pace 500 and the Blix Aveny step through models. Here is my criteria: Relatively light and good range. The Blix pros are fenders, rack and lights for only about 5 lbs more in weight, QR front wheel and I think (can anyone verify) the electric components can be disconnected for individual replacement rather than one unit. The Aventon seems to have a better range and is carried by shops local to me.

I would appreciate anyone with knowledge of either to give me some insight on their experience with the bike and your pros and cons. Fenders aren't a deal breaker but I would want some type of rack so any guidance on racks that work well front or rear the Pace would be helpful as well as fenders. Also what have you done for a bottle holder for either bike.

Also please chime in if there are other brands I'm missing in the $1,000 - 2,000 price range. My wife is 5' 1" so a smaller frame is a must. - Thanks