Carbonfiberboy 
just another gosling

Bikes: CoMo Speedster 2003, Trek 5200, CAAD 9, Fred 2004

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3887 Post(s)
Liked 1,938 Times in 1,383 Posts
Originally Posted by ZHVelo
Thanks for the reply. I drink about 750ml per hour right from the start. I know some people who drink quite a bit less, I doubt it is that. The dates weigh 8g on average, most between 7-9g, so two should be ca. 12g of sugar. Additionally, the first passes I did this year, I ate less. Drink is 750ml in a bottle, 44g of energy powder in there, that contains sucrose and fructose, as well as electrolytes.
44g powder + 36g fructose = 320 calories, maybe double what you should be doing. Your drink is 6%, perfect. Maybe no dates? If you're only doing one pass, a 400 calorie high-carb breakfast and a bottle or two of drink should be fine. At 70 kilos, when I do more than one pass, I try for 250 calories/hour, though I usually can't manage that much, climbing robbing the stomach of blood as it does. I have maltodextrin and a little whey protein in one bottle, plain water in the other, or in a Camelbak on long rides. I've seen quite a few riders with stomach issues on long hard rides, had them myself, hence my current practice.