View Single Post
Old 07-14-21, 05:22 PM
cthenn

Bikes: 2023 Canyon Aeoroad CF SL, 2015 Trek Emonda SLR, 2002 Litespeed Classic, 2005 Bianchi Pista, Some BikesDirect MTB I never ride.

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 647 Post(s)
Liked 136 Times in 89 Posts
Gosh Darn Wahoo!!!

Man how the mighty have fallen. Used to love my Wahoo Elemnt Bolt, but it's just been getting more and more buggy over the years. I have an ongoing list of issues, but the latest one is the sudden stop of SMS messages showing up on screen. Nothing has changed in my settings, the app and firmware are up to date, so I can only assume that one of these updates screwed with my particular model of phone, and something isn't compatible, or some permission/setting changed. I have checked all of the settings on the phone and device, and everything seems to be in order. I've tried many of the suggested fixes I found by Googling it, nothing seems to work. It went from working on one ride, to not working at all the next, and nothing seems to fix it.

Anyone having the same issue with text messages not working on a Wahoo computer? I have no idea what else to try, I've tried practically everything, including deleting the app and reinstalling. The last resort is a factory reset, but I don't know if that'll fix it, and I really don't want to do that, I don't know what that's gonna screw up, including losing all of my data pages. Wahoo used to be the less ****ty version of Garmin, far less buggy, but they sure have caught up...

Last edited by cb400bill; 07-15-21 at 06:47 AM. Reason: Do not change the spelling of words to bypass forum censor