View Single Post
Old 08-01-21, 10:11 AM
fishboat

Bikes: Lemond '01 Maillot Jaune, Lemond '02 Victoire, Lemond '03 Poprad, Lemond '03 Wayzata DB conv(Poprad), '79 AcerMex Windsor Carrera Professional(pur new), '88 GT Tequesta(pur new), '01 Bianchi Grizzly, 1993 Trek 970 DB conv, Trek 8900 DB conv

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 758 Post(s)
Liked 809 Times in 471 Posts
Originally Posted by delbiker1
The 3300 hoods do fit the 6500....
PM me if you want this.

Thank you very much for the info and the offer. Much appreciated. I checked on ebay and found a pair of ''parts-only" 3300 shifters for about the same money as modern replacement hoods are selling for today. If the 3300 hoods have a slightly different appearance, then both shifters will look the same at least.

Just had the bike out for a ride. Shifter works fine. I'm noticing a slight chatter in the fork only with very low speed(3-5mph) front braking. I cleaned the rims and brake pads and tried it again..still there. At higher speed(20mph) the bike brakes smoothly using front and back brakes. It's possible it was always like this(I never brake only with the front at low or higher speed so not a great evaluation). The bike tracks straight with no hands. I have thousands of miles on this bike(..had it up to 40mph the day before this happened..smooth as silk). I may take it into the shop hand have them do a close check in alignment anyway.