joshuastar
i'd leave the sweet stuff

Bikes: BCA ten speed / 2007 bfssfg group buy IRO

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by joshuastar

-light blue Schwinn 1984 World (with yellow and white decals). it was my aunt's bike back in her college days. we're about the same height so she gave it to me. all it needed was new tubes and tires. taking it by car to my LBS, the car rack came undone around a sharp corner and the bike swung under my car and i crushed the rear wheel. bummer. i bought a cheap new wheel, a SS freewheel and a new chain and my SS days were alive again. just recently, i got a nicer set of cranks (fsa) and got rid of that original road double. the paint is chipped in places and it's not the best bike in the world, but i love it to death.

[edit:] you know what, screw that. it's a great bike and if you say "beater", i'll beat you.

give me more money and i'll try to add to this list.

[edit:] i forgot that i have a couple other things: 1) a dumpstered huffy santa fe. brown beige and orange. a crappy bike but it could be fun for the whole family. 2) a random no-name black lugged frame.

to add:

-black BCA fixed gear. bought from a guy here in town for $80 three days ago. 170 sakae cranks, shimano hubs laced to sun rims. 40x12. bullhorns. front brake. my first fixed gear. i'm enjoying it.

-white with "blue webbing" (read: splatterpaint) 1991 cannondale SH400. "hybrid" taken from a trash pile down the street. needs new tubes, but other than that, it's a complete bike with all the original equipment, except for the rear wheel, with the addition of a cateye computer. AL frame, chromo fork, paint chipping all over. wierd thru-the-stem centerpull canti brakes. free and sheels are still in decent shape.