View Single Post
Old 03-02-23, 04:37 PM
t2p

Bikes: Cannondale - Gary Fisher - Giant - Litespeed - Schwinn Paramount - Schwinn (lugged steel) - Trek OCLV

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1431 Post(s)
Liked 1,966 Times in 1,124 Posts
Originally Posted by robobike316
I keep watching this post waiting for a success story. I have a wife and 6 and 10 year old; so far with no luck getting them on rides. I just go by myself and it is my alone time as it was before marriage and kids. I really wish I could share that with the family as riding has been a real blessing on many levels in my life but so far no luck.
sort of the opposite for me / my family

I basically stepped away from bike riding for around 20 years - other than some short off-road rides in the woods behind our house

however - my wife did get out on her bike with the kids - at times with her father also ... they hit some of the rail-trails and nearby park MUP ... most times while I was working on / around the house

later my oldest kid did some rides with friends - including a two day ride on a rail trail (part of the GAP) with a friend and his father

later my youngest kid would do some off road rides with friends - and some BMX riding including indoor faculty and a local park pump track

but I never did ride with them

Last edited by t2p; 03-02-23 at 04:45 PM.