Old 03-23-20, 08:38 AM
eduskator

Bikes: SL8 Pro, TCR beater

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 988 Post(s)
Liked 584 Times in 439 Posts
Originally Posted by ahill
Hey guy and gals. So Ive been shopping around for the past several weeks looking for a bike in my budget which is 500 and under that isn't heavily used. I've found 2 and would like yalls input. The first is a Specialized Allez 2018. Very little use, they say rode less that 5 times. Shimano Sora carbon fork all stock bike. The second bike ive found is a 2006 Trek Madone 5.2 Project 1. Its very clean and said less than 50 miles on it. It has Dura Ace crank, gears, pedals and brakes. Bontranger xxx lite carbon wheels. The specialized they want 500 and the Trek 450. I am using it for fun, exercise and if the bug bites, something that will hold me over for awhile. both bikes ride well, but i dont know enough about road bikes to know anything. They are both 58s, I am 6' and 240. I went by a few bike shops looking and they they feel i am a 58 but had no used ones in that size..... any suggestions would appreciate it. Thanks

Anthony
Like new 2018. The more recent, the bettah. Check the tires, you will know if the guy used it a few times or a lot. It's possible that a 2018 has been ridden less than 5 times. People are often buying stuff on a whim.

As for the size, make sure you're within the manufacturer's recommended height. Most of them have sizing chart - it can vary from a brand to another.

Finally, if you don't like it, you will sell the 2018 quicker than the 2006.

Last edited by eduskator; 03-23-20 at 08:42 AM.
Likes For eduskator: