View Single Post
Old 11-15-21, 08:59 PM
75lechamp 

Bikes: 1975 Motobecane LeChampion (silver lilac), 1974 Motobecane Grand Jubile (red/black); 1975 Motobecane Team Champion (orange); 1982 Pinarello Professional (Exorcist Green); 1974 Raleigh Professional MkIV mink blue, 1974 Motobecane Grand Record blk/red

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked 749 Times in 172 Posts
Excellent!

Nicely done! The hardest bits to find are already done - the stem and bars, the Lyotard 65s, and especially the hubs - those are very difficult if they don't come with the bike. Universal 61s are not hard to find, but it can be hard to locate the right rear hanger for them. As well, the hoods and especially the little black adjuster covers can be hard to find. I found a Simplex binder bolt that works well. It looks a little to me like your seat post might be undersized (not sure, hard to tell). Mine is a straight 26.4 with an Ideale clamp and Ideale 80. I really like that saddle a lot. You are absolutely right - white brake cable looks just right on this bike, along with white bar tape. This is a great find, and you will enjoy the build, I look forward to following it. At the end, I hope you will find this to be a spectacular ride, as I do!

Best,

Andy
Arvada CO
USA
Likes For 75lechamp: