Old 07-27-22, 09:02 AM
Hermes
Version 7.0

Bikes: Too Many

Mentioned: 297 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1336 Post(s)
Liked 2,469 Times in 1,445 Posts
My racing team did an order of compression socks. These are designed to be used during riding and I guess could be left on for post recovery.

More info: For post recovery, one of the best modalities is a higher cadence very low power spin on rollers or a trainer

Other compression ideas: I put on full length Skins for post recovery and have been using them since 2009. They always feel good on.

Here is a book I read on recovery. https://www.amazon.com/Good-Go-Athle...%2C146&sr=8-14

I think it is well written and interesting. It opened my eyes to the pitfalls of limited small studies and their efficacy of being true science.

I have tried cryotherapy as it was the rage for pro sports including basketball, football and pro cycling. I give it a meh. It is better than getting into an ice bath but if it works as advertised and reduces inflammation post ride, then one is actually losing benefit of training since we want inflammation to trigger training adaptation. Cryotherapy during a stage race might be okay if the goal is more about recovery than improvement.

For me, there is a lot fo yin and yang with recovery and training effect. YMMV.

But I like our custom designed socks because the feel great on my feet.

Last edited by Hermes; 07-27-22 at 09:05 AM.
Likes For Hermes: