Old 08-03-22, 06:47 AM
timtak

Bikes: Trek Madone 5.2 SL 2007, Look KG386, R022 Re-framed Azzurri Primo, Felt Z5, Trek F7.3 FX

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Liked 85 Times in 73 Posts
Originally Posted by mschwett
this is all so true - the discussion around every last bit of aero (even big bits of aero!) doesn’t make a huge difference at the speeds most of us cruise. my flat-ground comfy cruising rate is maybe 20mph. i wouldn’t mind going 2 mph faster, but doing so by riding on the drops or aerobars all the time, wearing a skinsuit, an aero bike, deep wheels would be cool but not worth the hassle, discomfort, cost, etc. obviously, if one were competing it would be. that 10% speed on unbroken flats would translate to maybe 3-4% more speed on the overall ride, because hills, downhills, stops and starts, traffic….
Compare the weight weenies forum.

Originally Posted by Herzlos
I thought you loved going as fast as possible?
I like propelling myself to go fast.

Originally Posted by Herzlos
I think we'd all feel better if you got rid of the spike. Even if you trim the steerer tube down to size, you can always invert your stem if you want more comfort, or fit a normal one, or treat yourself to a new fork.
Who is "we"?

Originally Posted by Jax Rhapsody
Ever see those picture threads here with weird, questionable, cobbled, or whatever bikes in them, and bikes like those pop up? I've never wondered why they were set up like those, and now, in a few of his post, I do- we do, a reason as crazy as the setup, explained against our will.
I am still unsure of the "crazy set up" that you refer to. My timtaked "funny bike" was fast, like the hour record breaking bike of Moser. My current bikes are pretty conventional.

Cut the comfort,

Tim