Old 09-15-22, 02:04 PM
DMC707

Bikes: Too many to list

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1765 Post(s)
Liked 1,124 Times in 746 Posts
Originally Posted by molleraj
Nice! Sounds like this is the probably the best early 1990s road bike (on the edge of vintage I guess) that I could get.
There's always something out there, "better", lighter, cheaper , newer that'll hit Marketplace or Craigslist 3 days after you bring home your new to you prize, but yes, the PAramount is still a nice bike

But again i may be a tad biased -- i have one too

And like others have stated -- the bike is totally worth modernizing later on if you want , - or right upfront also -- i believe there is a thread on here somewhere about modernized vintage bikes , but most of them follow a similar pattern --- the bike below is the only bike i've truly "modernized" as most of my bikes are from the 90's where integrated shift/brake levers were quite common, -- but in this case i took an old Italian frameset and updated it to modern 11speed (or maybe 10 - i forgot ) , found a crankset with 50/34 compact gearing , used an adapter to use big diameter modern , shallow bend bars and premium tires.
- I did sell it as the top tube was still a stretch for me, even with the short stem , but i was truly proud of how it turned out and the old machine was right at home on any group ride (even the fast ones)

The PAramount frameset would be a great host for this type of update also

Likes For DMC707: