Chris_W
Likes to Ride Far

Bikes: road+, gravel, commuter/tourer, tandem, e-cargo, folder

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by clasher
Most people riding aren't racing and doing it to experience the atmosphere but they still pay. Personally I'd never ride an event without paying the fee.
I'd be quite happy to pay. That's the one part of the administration that I don't mind, especially as I'd be benefiting from some of the services in terms of marshaling, etc. It's just everything else during the ride that would annoy me, plus the hassle of qualification and, maybe, pre-qualification rides. Unfortunately, they don't accept payments without registration, however ...

Originally Posted by clasher
The Randonneurs in Provence have a hell week you can get all the qualifying rides in a week, might be other events like that in Europe like that.
Thanks for that suggestion. If I do decide to officially register for PBP (although maybe still skip the start, controls, etc.) then this would definitely suit me best. I've got some experience of those parts of Provence, and it's mostly been idyllic riding there (quiet, smooth roads and interesting terrain). If the weather's decent then it could be called Heaven Week, not Hell Week.

Last edited by Chris_W; 10-01-22 at 02:49 AM.