View Single Post
Old 10-19-22, 10:36 PM
littleyan92

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Czech
Has anyone run a suspension seatpost with a stoker stem attached? I recently switched over to a riser stoker stem, which opens up this possibility. I struggle much more with saddle sores on the tandem than I do on my other bikes setup with the same geometry/saddles. I believe this is because of how stiff it is (08' alloy C'dale road tandem), or perhaps because it is more difficult to consistently get out of the saddle. I'm experimenting with saddles, but thought a suspension seatpost may be helpful as well. My wife and I typically do 50-100 mile rides on a mix of pavement and gravel.

I'd love know what your experiences have been and if there are other solutions captains have found for saddle sores on long touring/bikepacking rides?
Check out Redshift Sports Shockstop Seatpost. I have been riding it on my single gravel bike for over a year without any issues and improved comfort on all surfaces! The suspension is adjustable with a simple screw mechanism. I am building a tandem and have two seatposts ready to roll for the extra comfort that they provide. check it out on their website redshiftsports(dot)com/products/shockstop-suspension-seatpost