Old 09-04-17, 09:03 PM
racersdad

Bikes: Felt TK FRD, Domahidy Road, Shiv TT, Cervelo R3, Specialized Crux, Specialized Stumpjumper Pro

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Track cranks & powermeter for Felt TK FRD

Hi, I'm new here, relatively new to track racing and would appreciate any help. I'm building up a Felt TK FRD for my junior son who will be focusing on pursuit events. He started racing track in April, raced a borrowed bike at Junior Worlds a couple weeks ago and now this is to be his bike for the coming seasons. I'm trying to find a crankset/powermeter combination that will work well and ideally be aero. I've come up with 3 options. The Felt is BSA threaded.
1. Rotor 3D24 Crankset, with SRM or Power2Max power meter. Issues: SRM is very $$$ and Power2Max has no availability until their new model comes in - which has no ETA
2. Vision Track Crankset. I believe (to be confirmed) that I can fit a Stages FSA386EVO crankarm power meter to the Vision crankset. But I haven't found anyone with knowledge of this crankset in use. This crankset is 386EVO, there are numerous BB options to mate to the BSA threads.
3. Dura Ace with Stages (or SRM for that matter)
I would greatly appreciate any advice or thoughts on the relative merits of these options. Anyone used the Vision Crankset?
thanks!