Old 07-02-21, 07:18 AM
redcon1

Bikes: Focus Arriba, Specialized Roubaix Expert, Bianchi Impulso Allroad

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked 82 Times in 53 Posts
Originally Posted by scott967
I think Roubaix is BSA bottom bracket versus BB86 on the Argon, which is a big deal for many. I recommend taking a close look at the stack and reach numbers, as Roubaix has typically been outside the average endurance geometry (more stack / less reach).

From the charts, Roubaix 58 stack is 644 while Argon offers "3D+" that they claim allows variation of 601-625, still quite a bit off from Roubaix.

If you do go the SRAM AXS route, I see Argon is using the DUB crank. Everything I've seen suggests even with DUB the bearings are kind of marginal for BB86 and traditional GXP might be better (though I know many folks dislike GXP design).

scott s.
Not much to input on BB, as I have had many in my cycling career and no problems with any of the standards.
According to specialized.com the current Roubaix Expert in 58cm has a Stack of 630mm and a Reach of 392mm.

Roubaix Expert | Specialized.com

My 2019 Expert Di2 - last of the previous-gen frames, with Future Shock 1.0, was fitted with Roval C38 wheels, a decent upgrade from the alloy DT Swiss wheelset fitted to the current Expert.
Looks like the Roubaix Pro is fitted with the Roval Alpinist carbon wheelset... excellent lightweight hoops, but also $7500 and equipped with SRAM Force e-TAP

Last edited by redcon1; 07-02-21 at 11:00 AM.