Old 05-10-21, 07:32 PM
Doggus
half man - half sheep

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Need fat bike recommendations

Me: retired hard core roadie. Always wanted to try mountain biking, but living where you have to haul your bike to the local trail, never could pull the trigger. 2020, wife decides she's had it with living in the burbs and we buy a 22-acre place in the middle of nowhere. Now I'm back to doing what I did as a kid - ranching, chasing tools, etc. I need a utility type bike to roll around the ranch on. We live near a National Wildlife refuge that has some basic trails too. I'm currently rolling around on a Townie. Yes a Townie. Remember, I used to live in the burbs. I've already beat the hell out of that thing here. I need a fat bike that can handle rolling through a pasture with cattle and horse hoof holes. Most normal people would own a 4-wheeler for what I do, for some stupid reason I still want a bike. I see Burley sells fat tire cargo wheel. I can see myself dragging this around loaded with tools.

Any recommendations? The Framed Montana Carbon 27.5 FS Fat Bike came up in my search but then someone bagged on it for being over-priced with mediocre components. I know nothing about MTB components. I'm a roadie. Help me out here.