View Single Post
Old 09-27-22, 11:57 AM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18409 Post(s)
Liked 15,516 Times in 7,324 Posts
Originally Posted by bampilot06
Got stuck behind this one person for most of the ride this morning. Whyfi is familiar, but I will elaborate for the rest of y’all. Pedal pedal pedal coast pedal pedal pedal coast pedal pedal coast pedal coast pedal pedal pedal pedal coast.

Worst part, this partcular person will speed up “catch up” to the bike enfront when he pedals and then coast to not over take. It’s a constant surge throughout the whole ride, unless the said person is pulling. It’s very annoying to follow. I did everything I could to prevent myself from slowing down every 3 seconds. I don’t know how no one has said anything to this person. I feel like still too much of a noob in the group to say anything but sheesh, someone needs too.
Ugh. A few times someone came on a Thursday evening training ride I used to to do decades ago. You described riding style perfectly. Pedal until she got close to the wheel in front than coast until she dropped back. Lather, rinse, repeat.

During at least one ride I got stuck right behind her on an MUP we took to get back into the city. The group was too large for me to try to pass safely. I finally got so sick of her behavior that I dropped back and let some people behind me go ahead. I seem to recall saying something to her during another ride.