View Single Post
Old 05-04-22, 05:33 PM
delbiker1 
Mother Nature's Son

Bikes: 2014 Orbea Avant MD30, 2004 Airborne Zeppelin TI, 2003 Lemond Poprad, 2001 Lemond Tourmalet, 2014? Soma Smoothie

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 838 Post(s)
Liked 1,414 Times in 801 Posts
Biker395 , thanks for sharing your experience with the UTI/Prostatitis. I feel your pain, and wish you the best with your recovery. I was quite concerned with the scenario you describe for yourself, but it appears I am on the right path. I had a 4 week follow up with the urologist this morning. I was as sure as I could be that the prognosis would be good, which it was. The doctor was a bit surprised at how well I am recovering, with the prostate having shrunk considerably already. I have a history of being a quick healer, that still seems to be the case. I will be staying on the Tamsulosin and the Finasteride and have a 6 month follow up scheduled.

I have been doing some shorter, slow paced rides before this check up, and picked it up a bit this past weekend. I am riding a couple of bikes that are set to be a bit more upright, one with mustache bars, and the other with a Velo-Orange Porteur handlebar. I am going to have to get serious about figuring out what I bikes to keep with what set ups. Not a bad problem to have. I have done a couple longer rides in the past few days, including a 35 miler at 16 mph average. That is my longest and quickest ride of the year. Man, it felt good and I really enjoyed it. Such a mental pick up, I was almost euphoric for the rest of the day.
Likes For delbiker1: