Old 07-13-22, 08:49 AM
fooferdoggie 

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 680 Post(s)
Liked 949 Times in 556 Posts
Originally Posted by RH Clark
You have health issues and need to seek professional help to sort it out. Severe food allergies can sometimes be mitigated by a carnivore diet so that could be your issue and why your symptoms lessen when just eating meat, but you need to know what's going on before going on such a radical diet.
Been there done that. 10s of thousands of dollars later and so many tests even getting a doc to listen was a battle. I finally found a good GP that keeps track of my heath and gives me ideas. But there really is nothing I have found that can help. The food intolerances are so sensitive that I have not found anything I can eat on a regular basis besides meat eggs cheeses and the almond milk. I have tested so many meds but either my body reacts to it or my esophagus does. Carbs have caused so many problems but they are dangerous in a way it took me years to realize. They make me a bit loopy or less then aware. The last two times I had eaten a more normal amount of them I clipped a post on our tandem and had a bad crash and I lost the tip of my finger in the router table at work last time I had a tub of popcorn. Now that my carbs intake is so low I don't run into stuff all the time I can wear shorts at work and my legs are not all torn up. I can now sit and read for the first time in many years. Think if I drove a car I would have been history long ago.
Years ago I tried eating more fruit so I would have ore energy to ride but nope never helped. My goal is not to be tired it's a constant s a constant battle. Its impossible to really eat like my body seems to demand its so repetitive and flavorless.
I have to spend way to much to eat for food I don't enjoy. I can't travel because finding food I can eat is very hard. I cant go out to eat very much as there are few places I cant trust or even have food I can eat.
I would not eat this way if my body let me do anything else. But I measure all my rides to see how food effects me and it shows protein is my only real fuel. Fat maybe a bit bit not much. So now I am trying to figure out how much protein I need to eat to make up the calories I burn.
I have every blood test imaginable even stress tests on my heart and a bunch of invasive tests some so horrible and they all show nothing. wellI did have pre diabetes when I was eating carbs once a week 5 years ago but now I don't and my levels are normal cholesterol is not bad even when it's tested without fasting. All my vitamin levels have been tested too. I know part of it is gut bacteria. I had way to many antibiotics when younger and it messed up my bacteria. Think mostly it made complex carbs a real issue. All grains bother me so much and beans. I passed this on to my wife and she cant eat grains anymore. All our dogs over the years would have issues with grain after a few months. Family members share gut bacteria.