Old 07-13-22, 12:40 PM
fooferdoggie 

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 680 Post(s)
Liked 948 Times in 555 Posts
Originally Posted by ThermionicScott
My understanding (which isn't much) is that you don't have to drink or brew alcohol to get it. (Apparently there have been cases of children with it. ) So if you set off a breathalyzer but haven't consumed any alcohol, that would be a pretty clear sign that's what you've got...

Whatever it is, hope you're able to sort it out someday. I tried Atkins years ago, and even though I love meat, it got old after a while.
I had a big round of antibiotics about 9 months ago when I tried to remove my finger starting with intravenous ones so that would have toasted I bet. before I had a ton of antibiotics for the upper respiratory infections and H pylori treated twice plus three looks down into my throat and stomach over the last 5 years. but anymore there would be nothing for it to live on.. a year without carbs would have killed it.
I hate this its been most of my life now and i ts ruined eating for me I don't enjoy it and any food I enjoy is usually problematic. its a huge strain on out budget and its like paying to go to the dentist. I cant skip meals or I run out of energy fast and my esophagus screams at me. what little I can eat out is always the same. mostly the same Chinese beef and broccoli or mixed veggies or such as that maybe 5 different dishes. or like lettuce wrapped burgers and of course no fries or anything. on longer rides I need to be pretty full before we leave and I can usually be fine but sometimes I start running out of steam and have to get a energy drink or a protein shake or a couple of those hot dogs at 7-11 and a caffeine pill. I don't like to eat while I am riding if I can help it. I have worked it out pretty well over the years but this is not something thats going to go away. its been going on all my life when I look back. all I can hope for is my body heals some as long as I stay away from most carbs. when this first happened I was able to eat non carby veggies as much as I wanted every day. but after a few years I thought hey I can eat carbs again and after several months things got so much worse and I had to eliminate so many foods. Now I can handle veggies three times a week and feel lucky to do it. for a solid year I could not even touch one.