Old 07-14-22, 09:09 AM
fooferdoggie 

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 680 Post(s)
Liked 948 Times in 555 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01
Since you do have such odd issues with food, then I don't see how you can really believe we here can suggest anything. Perhaps you are really just hoping to find someone that shares your condition/symptoms and might have some useful things they've found out.

However protein is not a good source of energy or a good diet long term. So that's probably why you felt lacking for energy when you tried to cut Calories. Reducing Calories will have you lose weight. But it's not as simple as just cutting Calories suggest. It takes time. Time as in months and years for some.

Still, we've discussed your issues a year or two ago. Don't remember all of it. Have you ever talked to someone about having your gut microbiome replaced? And then there are still things about your symptoms then that sound like allergic reactions to something.

All of which means little of what we suggest will be of help.
belive me I know protein sucks for energy but my stupid body seems to only use it or mostly it for fuel. it has driven me nuts for many years. yes if you eat less calories you can lose weight but you have to figure out how many calories you need in the first place. I have no clue on what that is. I have maintained my weight for several years. but when I cut my calories slightly over a few weeks I start running out of energy. I measure that energy so I can know what's going on.
Yes I had tried to get a poop transplant but in the US its not easy. but Thinking about it it could help with some of my food issues but it wont help with my carb problems. but I would be stuck with gut bacteria that need carbs again to live. it took a year of no carbs to get my gut bacteria working well working better then it has in 30 years. I think this is a combo of things a genetic issue that causes the carb problem messed up gut bacteria from too many antibiotics and a extremely sensitive eshagus that hates about everything with any flavor or for no reason at all. I went through all the meds to help my esophagus and they all made it worse. only not eating cabs and not drinking acidic things have made it better. but I measure my average watts on all my rides and I can see how food effects my rides. but even thats tricky because it can be hours before a food effects it as in protein as energy is really slow. I fund one food that was fatty that gave me a boost it was those chicken skins they Now sell flock chips. but god they are so fatty and salty I only eat them on weekends before long rides. I found a good GP that does regular bloodwork and has given me ideas that have helped but none of the specialty have had any solutions at all. But sometimes I get nuggets of ideas from others.
the problem with fat is it can hurt my esophagus too. like cream or liquid fats. I even tried a couple of tablespoons of fish oil capsules so I would not have the oil touch my esophagus but after a few weeks it was hurting it. I am starting to think my esophagus of a indicator on how my my body is feeling rather then just hurting for any reason. my body has beaten me up so much over the years that I will give up any food if feel better doing it.