View Single Post
Old 08-11-22, 09:41 AM
Hypno Toad
meh

Bikes: 23 Cutthroat, 21 CoMotion Java; 21 Bianchi Infinito; 15 Surly Pugsley; 11 Globe Daily; 09 Kona Dew Drop; 96 Mondonico

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1110 Post(s)
Liked 1,013 Times in 519 Posts
Rotor Alignment on Thru Axle

EDIT: If the only reason you plan to post on caliber vs caliper .... feel free to move along, it's been covered below. I left the OP as posted so the relevant posts in this thread make sense in context, but enough has been said on the topic... and the issue has been resolved (see post 8).

I've been riding with disc brakes for nearly 20 years, I'm very familiar with re-aligning calibers. But here's my rub (see what I did there ) my 2021 Bianchi Infinito is my first bike thru axle bike and I thought the joy of a thru axle was the rotor/caliber would always be aligned. However, after a bike cleaning, the caliber is rubbing the rotor on the outside. The rotor is true, and I've removed the wheel, recleaned dropouts, and reinstalled ... still out of alignment.

I'll re-align the calibers later today, no big deal, but I just didn't expect I'd need to do this with a thru axle ... did I have unrealistic expectations?

For reference, the bike has 2,500 miles on it

Last edited by Hypno Toad; 08-12-22 at 08:25 AM.