Old 09-22-21, 01:15 PM
wktmeow

Bikes: CAAD 10

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked 229 Times in 111 Posts
Originally Posted by TMonk
Sounds like injuries all around. I'm still struggling with knee issues, patellofemoral stuff. I had a mini breakthrough yesterday on my ride when it started hurting 50 min in... I coasted a bit and just tugged around on my knee and it distinctly popped over to the inside, and my pain went away for another 10 min or so. This is sort of in line with all the muscle imbalance stuff I've been learning.

Also got me thinking that maybe I should try some Kinesio Tape... You know, the stuff you see the pros wearing. Maybe I need to warmup and then tape them in place before a ride. Kinda enthusiastic to try it.

In the mean team I've been swimming, and focusing on strengthening the inside (VMO) and stretching/foam rolling the outside... we'll get there.
I had patella pain for a while after ramping up my volume too quickly. Took like 6 months off (coincided with other reasons), focused on doing some squats and deadlifts, slowly reintroduced the bike and haven't had issues since. Maybe try some strength work?