View Single Post
Old 11-01-21, 08:37 AM
Phil_gretz
Zip tie Karen

Bikes: '13 Motobecane Fantom29 HT, '16 Motobecane Turino Pro Disc, '18 Velobuild VB-R-022, '21 Tsunami SNM-100

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1465 Post(s)
Liked 1,542 Times in 806 Posts
Interesting thread. Looking back over the past year's spending, I'd have to say that we spend money on good ingredients for food prepared at home, and next on health insurance and health-related consumables.

In the past, I have collected antique cast iron carbide cannons. I also fabricated long gone parts for other collectors and did restorations. That was an enjoyable hobby for me. Fortunately, my wife advised that I sell off all of my cannons and materials when the market was strong a few years ago. That was a relief to be out from under all of those things.

Over my life, I enjoyed audio and had a modest record collection. All vintage equipment and records were sold off 25 years ago. I also enjoyed reading and had amassed quite the book collection. Those are now all but completely sold off or given away as we've downsized for a move.

I do still buy bikes to refurbish, ride and re-sell. I'm keeping my tools, but have sold off the vintage bikes. I figure that only the modern bikes will offer the versatility and utility I'll need in the new down-sized world we'll occupy. With my side repair work, my bicycling hobby is fully self funded. That's the only way that we'd permit it to continue.

With the new home, and according to our budget plan, my money will go to property taxes, income tax, energy costs and pool supplies.