View Single Post
Old 11-19-22, 10:44 AM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3461 Post(s)
Liked 1,467 Times in 1,144 Posts
Originally Posted by indyfabz
During my week-long+ trip in September I locked my bike to something the first night, but that was it. I was staying in a lean-to close to a trail with easy public access. Panniers never went inside the tent while I slept.
My trip in Iceland, I think I quit locking things after about three days, it felt so safe there. In some of the more touristy areas, there I locked it. I remember being really surprised when I saw a policeman one time, there is so little crime there that I forgot that they exist, but he was eating lunch at a restaurant and was not doing police duties at the time. But I saw a police car on the highway several times since I spent much of my time on the highways.

The next tour after that was in Southern Florida, we did a good job of locking things there.