View Single Post
Old 01-24-23, 07:21 PM
afrowheels

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 11 Posts
raybo Cool! I wasn't aware of your page - will definitely be checking it out.

Originally Posted by raybo
I maintain an archive of touring links that I started in 2007 (https://biketouringtips.com). When I find articles, webpages, or other interesting stuff, I put a link to it in my archive. At the moment, there are over 2600 things in the archive, consisting mostly of links to bike touring information around the world, but also my tour journals and articles I've written. I also have a bike tour planning page that I (and anyone can) use to keep track of the research I do for my bike trips. The sole purpose of the (non-commercial) site is to help bike tourists find useful information.

Link rot is a major problem with such an archive. Over the years, I have tried various methods to keep the links in the archive up to date. It is hard to visit 2000+ links very often. I have found that the official sites of states and other governments move things around all the time, breaking links in the process.

Incidentally, if someone would like to help me keep these links up to date, let me know. Also, if you want to add links into the archive that you think might be of use to other bike tourists, you can do so after a free registration.
@njkayaker I think you are misunderstanding the intention: if people are making the effort to post information here presumably they would like it to remain accessible in future. The 'request' is just that they preserve or post that information in a way that means it stays accessible. Hardly takes a minute.

Originally Posted by njkayaker
You are already fortunate that people even post useful (hopefully) stuff. You probably won't get much traction asking for more.