View Single Post
Old 05-21-09, 08:19 PM
ChrisOG

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I’m 52 and started riding again about 5 years ago for the cardio, after my older brother had several heart attacks. I live at the Jersey shore and ride almost every day; for 9 months of the year I have great riding conditions. I can ride on the boardwalk which is well lit, flat and safe. For 3 months of the year, it’s an adventure especially in Belmar. During the summer I ride an old trusty 10 speed Schwinn, in winter I use a hybrid. Living at the shore I have to deal with a lot of moist wind, sometimes it feels like I’m climbing a steep hill the wind is so strong. I always start riding into the wind and have the wind at my back on the way home. The good thing is that I don’t get too overheated riding in the summer with the cool breeze off the Ocean. .

I do about a 10 mile ride during the week and 20 mile rides on the weekends. Some towns by me have great bike lanes (Deal, Long Branch) many don’t, during the summer I have to deal with tourist (we call them Bennies) who are on Vacation and are not paying attention to what they are doing.

Last edited by ChrisOG; 05-21-09 at 09:32 PM.