View Single Post
Old 02-10-22, 02:35 PM
Welshboy
PBP Ancien (2007)

Bikes: Cannondale CAADX (for commuting), Cannondale CAAD12, Cannondale CAAD12 Team CNCPT, Giant Contend 2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked 156 Times in 106 Posts
Overall, not a bad week with just a bit of drizzle on one ride in to work forcing me to use my winter bike with fenders on that day. This is the bike I crashed on black ice a few weeks back damaging the rear fender beyond repair and also putting a very slight wobble in my front wheel. I've put new SKS fenders on the bike but they are different to the old SKS fenders and the front is causing me problems as it seems closer to the tyre than the previous one and it also has an annoying short mudflap that kicks out sharply. I'm just catching it with my foot when I turn and nudging it so that the fenders begin rubbing on the tyre. This weekend I need to strip the Tiagra 4600 groupset off it and put it onto the CAADX frame that's been sitting in the shed for about 15 months now. I've been using my old Verenti road bike more than I thought I would in the winter but the salt on the roads isn't doing it much good and it needs a good clean and a bit of TLC.