View Single Post
Old 06-08-21, 03:47 PM
Leisesturm

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2475 Post(s)
Liked 722 Times in 513 Posts
Originally Posted by StarBiker
Gonna sell a lamp tomorrow, and although the sale is very close by, it's not going to be possible to carry it. I could carry it on the bus but.......
And it has vintage globe bulbs which I can't find anywhere. The buyer will eventually have to replace them but they still add to the lamp and of course have some fragility.

Again, need the car. (Okay, I won't add anymore to this thread, but folks get the idea)
I could carry that lamp (safely) on a bike. I'm serious. I'm not saying I would. I'm saying I could. I've carried items as fragile, even more unwieldy, and (possibly) more valuable items by bicycle than that lamp. Respectfully, y'all's just don't get it. I drop in here every couple of years and the ethos never changes. "Car free is just too hard, you have to be some kind of really special individual, or one of those LOSERS who has one too many DUI's ...". Didja's ever think that there are GOOD people. INTELLIGENT people. That the DMV is NEVER going to grant an operator's license to? Probably the number two most frequent reason driving people to suicide must be the loss of driving privileges. But not all people who CANNOT drive kill themselves! Nor do they all molder away in a parent's basement. More should consider a bicycle. When the price of decent e-assists comes to equilibrium I think a lot more involuntary non-drivers are going to take up vehicular cycling. I don't think it would be that bad of a thing if this forum were shut down until such time as actual LCF cyclists become the majority of those participating.