View Single Post
Old 07-05-21, 10:19 AM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3147 Post(s)
Liked 1,711 Times in 1,033 Posts
Originally Posted by scottydonald
I own a Cervelo S Series bike which currently has the standard Cervelo bar tape on it and I am not a fan. I am currently living in Houston Texas so its hot and humid so I am really struggling with a slipping grip when riding on the back of the hoods(ramps) in chill mode. I don't have tape on the tops and happy with that and don't slip there. I don't wear loves and don't think I ever will.

I have narrowed it down to -

SupaCaz Super Sticky Kush Classic
Lizard Skins DSP V2
Enve Tape
Most Superlight 3mm tape

I am leaning towards the Most tape but it seems to have the least reviews. Any thoughts or recommendations from anyone here?
If the tape is non-absorbent, it needs either raised texture to provide draining and prevent filming, or it needs that grippy, rubber-like surface feel. Lizardskins DSP has both, and is the best wet performer I’ve used. However, I’d not recommend it in white, nor would I recommend it for heavy use; I was pretty much getting a summer and spring out of them before changing them out, and that was in a multi-bike rotation, so folks doing a lot of time on one bike would see even less, no doubt.

I still use DSP on my winter/ spring rig— so always gloved— because it’s very plush and cozy, great for cold weather, but moved to Supacaz Bling tape and Ciclovation Halo, both of which are textured and non-tacky, for the other bikes, which are usually used gloved but occasionally bare-handed. I can recommend both, but especially Supacaz, which I’ve used for many miles, in all weather, and have not one complaint with. The Ciclovation only went on this year, but so far, so good, and moving around on it in the rain last week felt sure and comfidence inspiring, but I was open-finger gloved.
Likes For chaadster: